.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Accidental Wisdom

Moved on! Check TheCairoCalls

I am stuck watching the 3 parts of The Godfather (yeah stuck...don't ask). Since I have seen it about 100 times before, I started focusing on very tiny details of the movie, the same way you really savor the last bite of a Kitkat or a Hershys bar. Also, I hope that one day I'll be on "Who wants to be a millionaire", and the million dollars question would be "What was the color of Vito Carleone's socks when he shot Fanucci, midway through the second part"...Only then, I'll have a shot at the million dollars.
Anyways, during Micheal Carleone's visit to Cuba he had this very interesting conversation with Hyman Roth

MICHAEL
I saw an interesting thing today. A man was being arrested by the Military Police; probably an urban guerrilla. Rather than be taken alive, he exploded a grenade hidden in his jacket, taking the command vehicle with him.

It occurred to me: the police are paid to fight, and the Rebels are not

ROTH
So?
MICHAEL
They can win

Why did that sound so familiar? Hmm, I wonder! Probably just the heat!

Oh my God! He is relating a quote about the Cuban revolution. A commie is in the house [hysterical shrieking sounds]

Moved on!

5 Comments:

I fear that you'll get people equating so-called "suicide bombers" with the evil cubans.

Bas good point.

By Blogger Faisal, at August 17, 2006 12:01 PM  

hahaha don't want people calling you a pinko now do we?

By Blogger La Gitana, at August 17, 2006 1:47 PM  

nah...pink doesnt work well with me...it is not, u know, fab enough!

By Blogger TB, at August 17, 2006 3:29 PM  

funny, that's just what I was thinking haha

By Blogger La Gitana, at August 17, 2006 5:10 PM  

Actually, communism has got a lot of great ideas at least on paper, applying it however is always a guaranteed failure. Still, this shouldn't make you feel uncomfortable with what you quote, nor think that Imagine and it's unequivocal sympathy for communism isn't a great song, also keep in mind that the people who are most sympathetic to arab causes in the west are leftists and liberals not neocon nut jobs.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at August 17, 2006 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home