.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 27, 2006

Brilliant Ideas

Moved on! Check TheCairoCalls

Speaking of rocking my socks off, here are a couple of ideas that I wish to see implemented sometime soon.
A while ago, I saw this great site, Cooking for Engineers. The idea is to provide a very methodological, systematic approach to cooking. They have pie charts for pizza pies, vertical breakdown of ingredients, and even some sort of a Gantt chart for the whole process of preparing the pie (we need to create the need for a process reengineering, and we have a whole consulting gig in our hands!). Anyways, the idea is great, and it made me wonder why not have some sort of Dating for Engineers site. You know somewhere where you just plug in the name of your crush, her birth date, and her shoe size, and then you get all sort of directions on how you should approach the operation. Wouldn't it be neat if you have something like a flow chart, where you have directions like "call her for 2:30 minutes the first day"...then a decision "did she call back"..."if she did...increase your calls length and frequency by 10%..."..."if she didn't...cut back 5%, float 5%, and have 20% more time assessing your next opportunity"...That would rock! I'm not an engineer myself, but I always admired their problem solving skills. So, I'm waiting.
Another great idea that I would like to see one day, is some way by which somebody can jump in the middle of a date, immediately when I say something really stupid, and screams something like "CUT...that was bad, bad, bad...we don't do it this way anymore...I need more passion next time...I am wasting raw film here!!...we'll take it from the start...Action!!".
This IS a fail over mechanism we can all appreciate.

P.S. One reason I don't think we have these things is that the phrase "Dating for Engineers" seems to be a paradox!

Moved on!

7 Comments:

so you are a MENG grad

By Blogger Lazarus, at March 27, 2006 5:30 PM  

very funny ... but this can be applied to other profissons ....doctors for example!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 27, 2006 9:51 PM  

i explicitly said i'm not an engineer!! how can i be a MENG grad?!

By Blogger TB, at March 28, 2006 1:02 AM  

Hey are you making fun of engineers!!!

Actually I have to admit that I do tend to think in a flow chart fashion :(

I just keep them in my head.

By Blogger ChrisinMB, at March 28, 2006 1:28 AM  

That was pretty funny, especially the film type date. And hey.. no low blows buddy! The only reason “Dating for Engineers” is a paradox is because we have 1 girl for every 100 guys in the class… usually she’s considered one of the guys, and so that leaves us with nothing. You have no idea how many girls melt when they here “Hey baby, if you were a curve I would wanna be your derivative… so I can be tangent to all your curves”

By Blogger x, at March 28, 2006 4:04 PM  

geez that pick up line is hilarious
lol

By Blogger maxxedout, at April 01, 2006 3:05 AM  

LOL Omar.

By Blogger Seneferu, at April 01, 2006 9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home