How To Start A Terrorist Network?
After brief observations, and briefer thoughts, I give you the "Extremist's Guide To Start His Own Terror Group":
- 1. Find a victim (preferably somebody who was, being, or willing to be killed). The wider the definition of the 'victim' the better.
- 2. Find a villain who can pass Mr. Evil's criteria of badness. Abstract, stereotype, dehumanize, and repeat.
- 3. Define an ideology. It's not hard really; use very big words to define it, scream while you're talking about it, and make your eyes dilate in utter disbelief when somebody questions it (I know it takes practice, but you'll manage)
- 4. Have a leader. You got to have a leader. Can you have a war without a hero? You sure can't! I know that you're thinking "I'm the leader! I am the one reading the manual!" I know. But you can't be a 'leader', until you star in your own version of "Passion of the Christ". Man, you gotta be the savior. S-a-v-i-o-r. The greater the number of people you're trying to save the better; it widens the recruitment pool. Also, you need to emphasize traumas in your life and how it made you the great leader you are. If these traumas include one when the villain took you away from your parents in your childhood, you've hit the jackpot.
- 5. Be paranoid. Needless to say, everybody is conspiring against you.
- 6. Give suggestions not orders, preferably in the heat of defining your ideology (see 3). Something like "we disapprove of killing, but if any of the villains took as much as a breath of air that could have gone to us, then we will surely kill him without hesitation!" See, no orders, just suggestions! (will also serve you well during investigations later on)
- 7. Offer alternatives, between dying or following you blindly "...even if we have to give up some of our principles...hell...dying isn't a good principle, now is it?!"
- 8. Repeat, repeat, and repeat. Through cassettes, CDs, satellite channels, internet, the new blogging thingie...you know, the works!