Crazy Search Terms
- The most searched topic recently was, you guessed it, Gamal Mubarak having a bab...err... a fiancee. We had all types of queries about this topic ("Gamal Mubarak engagement", "Khadiga EL Gammal", "gamal mubarak marriage"), which are, you know, normal. However, one particular googler was ahead of the curve. He was trying to search for: "Khadiga Mubarak"! Which is really cutting into the chase; only one woman in Egypt, gets her husband's last name...got it?!
For coverage of the topic, click here, here, and here
- A query which the blog receives almost daily is for info about "Nogom FM". For the uninitiated it is an FM station in Cairo. The reason why I get all that traffic from this particular word is really beyond me. I mentioned it once here. If you want more information, here's a link to their sister station Nile FM (that's the closest I could get!) Good luck!
- What tells you that a particular reader is quintessentially Egyptian? At the height of fear that a bird flu epidemic would break in Egypt, he/she was searching for this "egyptian jokes + flu" Typical!
- There was a lot of interest also in football. Especially, at the height of the African Cup early this month. Some queries were wondering if "fans cannot get football tickets in egypt"? Well, they can't. Other queries were a bit more enigmatic though: "abo treka rumor"...what rumor...fill me in! And, "barakat mails of february 2006"!! (no idea!)
- Finally, a reader had a very, what should I say?, intriguing question: "how to spot an ikhwan"? Well, you'll have to look for the 666 on their...umm...let me pass on that! If anybody have an answer though, please share it in the comments.
(sound of Paul Shaffer trying to put "Crazy Search Words" into a musical tune, again)