.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Flags Are Burning!

Moved on! Check TheCairoCalls

See? the phrase is catchy!
"The flags are burning"!
cool...
Ok, ok, here is the thing. I was talking with somebody about the madness that is going all around us, and how the west only takes notice of what's happening here when flags start burning. And it occurred to me; as I have taken liberty with deleting words from dictionaries before, why not contribute positively and add an actual idiom. Hence, "The flags are burning"!

flag is burning: (idiom) the situation is getting vocally out of hand; flag burners are incapable of taking further actions against the countries those flags represent; foreign citizens should be deported as the situation can escalate to embassy burning or worse, cheese burning. Plus, the mention of this phrase is known to cause a state of euphoria for local flags dealers. Not to be confused with bridges are burning as those have been burnt along time ago.


That would be like, totally cool! (my schoolgirl impression)

Moved on!

3 Comments:

I really enjoy your site.

I shouldn't have said what I did on my blog about the AU in Cairo because the school definitely counts some very bright people as alums. But I definitely have encountered a lot of not especially bright young women (in particular) who attend AU simply because their wealthy parents want them to appear like a better catch. I shouldn't have generalized, though.

By Blogger The Daughter of Isis, at March 01, 2006 8:32 PM  

Agree on the looks, she's ok but not that pretty (a little bit Carly Simonish, I guess), and actually her particular kind of features has a major downside of looking prematurely older than her real age when she reaches her early thirties.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 01, 2006 10:34 PM  

thanx for adding to my dictionary!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 02, 2006 12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home