.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Automatic Elections

Moved on! Check TheCairoCalls

A friend told me this story a couple of days ago. The story is about last year's constitution-amendment referendum. A bit old, but nevertheless interesting.
An in-law of his, who was sort of a junior police officer (a lieutenant I guess) was in charge of a certain polling station somewhere in Qaliubiyah, north of Cairo, when one of the employees in the station came to him:
Employee: We need more ballots..we're out of them
Officer: But only 8 or 9 people voted today..I guess you have more ballots than this
Employee: We had, but all is taken care of
Officer: ...
Employee: Don't worry, it is not the first time!

I don't know why, but I believe that this was the case in most stations, and even in the two elections that followed (presidential, and parliamentary). Not that because I believe the government is innocent, but because I know how helpful Egyptians can be!

Moved on!

1 Comments:

logic.... "electronic government".."automatic election"...clear!!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 05, 2006 5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home