.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Just so it would be on record: Encore

Moved on! Check TheCairoCalls

With all the speculations regarding whether Gamal is next in line for the Egyptian presidency, especially in the wake of his engagement, I thought it would be appropriate to repost this, as it tells us what the man himself thinks:

During a talk show at Ewart hall, AUC in May 2003, a friend of mine mustered his courage and asked the guest, Gamal Mubarak, whether he intended to run for presidency, and if he did, would it be in the 'Syrian' way?...And his exact words were(he spoke in Arabic, but here is an approximate translation): "As for the guy who asked me whether I intend to run for presidency, don't think that you're so smart, or something, I have been asked this question hundreds of times, so don't think you're in anyways special, but here is my answer: No, I don't intend to run at all, all I want to do is to focus at doing a good job in my current position".

What surprised me, other than his rather aggressive and intimidating tone, was the absolute clarity and crispness with which he declared his position. If he did run for the elections, then the NDP didn't just borrow a page from Bill Clinton's or Tony Blair's books, but it seems they might be avid followers of the great Goebbels himself, and his big lie technique.

(That was originally posted on 13/9/2005)

Moved on!

2 Comments:

T,
Its def big lir technique, our Goebbels is called safwat sherif if you havnt noticed:)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 06, 2006 9:26 AM  

heard the engagement was in Sharm El Sheikh

By Anonymous Anonymous, at March 06, 2006 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home