.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

What's Next...Truth Or Dare Instead Of Debates??

Moved on! Check TheCairoCalls

I was flipping through El-Ahram, fishing for a story for today's post when I noticed this little piece of news about yesterday's people's assembly session (the page is no longer available on El-Ahram site, so here is a rough translation, but I swear I'm not making this up. I swear):
An unprecedented incident happened yesterday when Da'ahliya MP, Elhamy Agena, rushed to sit in Fathy Sorrour's (the speaker of the house) chair, just before Mr. Sorrour arrived. Several MBs tried to talk him down the podium, but he kept saying that he arrived first and he had the right to sit there, while he kept ringing the bell.

Again, I swear I didn't make this up...I don't know what to say...if you could excuse me for a second to regain my composure. I really can't stop laughing..

Uh..ok, I guess I'm ok. Now what should I say. There are actually a lot of jokes, I just don't know where to start. But, I heard that Fathy Sorrour was really furious and called Mr. Agena to his office where he told him that he is barring him from the next session, unless Agena brought his parents with him. Afterwards, Mr. Sorrour, asked the security guards to have the chair removed from the podium and fitted onto a pickup track where Mr.Sorrour will safely sit on it on his way to and from the Assembly, thus preventing anybody from getting to it first.

In other news, Gamila Ismael, Ayman Nour's wife, reported to El-Daher police station that her husband had disappeared after reading the newspapers. When she last saw him, he was doing sprints and told her to prepare a pot of tea for him and send it to the people's assembly where he'll be spending the night waiting for the gates to open!

I swear I didn't stop laughing while writing this post. If you still can't believe it check 18/1 Ahram P.17!!

Moved on!

1 Comments:

Hahahahahaaha, this is great stuff. The tag "nursery" is really appropriate ;-)

By Blogger The Sphinx, at January 19, 2006 5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home