Egyptians Are Known For...
The guys over there at Google Blogoscoped have come up with this magnificent idea: asking the seers at Mount View (Google's HQ) what are the people of the world known for. The result is a Prejudice Map.
Sadly the map didn't include Egypt, so I went forward myself and tried to know what Google thinks the Egyptians are known for (I eliminated things which have to do with ancient Egyptians, as we're not ancient anymore, you know); it turns out that:
- Egyptians are known for fatalism (that's actually the first hit. Weird!).
- Egyptians are known for cunning.
- Egyptians are known for their hospitality.
- Egyptians are known for their generosity, care, and strong will.
- Egyptians are known for their ability to turn any situation into a farce (!, good one)
- Egyptians are known for their love for sweet and sticky desserts.
Here you are. You now know everything about the Egyptians, without even having to go through our own little hell we like to call Cairo International Airport.
That's just awesome. I am imagining a day when you'll go to propose to a girl, only to find out that her father knows all about your little habbit of sharing lunch with your little chihuahua (here is a business idea for you...umm). Until then, good night my fatalistic, cunning, hospitable, generous, baklava loving friends.
update: me and a couple of friends keep on finding funny ones:
- Egyptians are better known for chunkier gold jewelry
- Egyptians are sometimes known for their own version of "IBM."; Inshallah, (God-willing), Bukra (Tomorrow) and Malesh (There's nothing you can do about it, so why worry)
- We Egyptians are known for our submissive resilience (what does this mean??? bas it seems true!)