.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, November 04, 2005

Exodus?

Moved on! Check TheCairoCalls

I recently read this post by Nora Younis, and to tell you the truth, I slipped into a severe case of depression. Not that it was the first time I encountered the fact that most Christians are trying to flee Egypt (I get the same feeling everytime I am in the Airport while Canada's or Australia's flights are boarding, or when I notice that there are less Minas and Gerges Christians, and more Marks and Johns, who would integrate easier in a Montreal school, or a Sydney university), it is just that Nora puts the matter in the dramatic-separation-of-a-person-from-his-own-home-tragedy perspective that it really is.
And to think that this whole dis-integration of the Egyptian fabric is happening because some cassette sheiks, and teenage Imams who didn't even grow pubic hair, much less an educated mind or informed opinion, is making the thing all the more tragic.
I really don't know what should be done at this point, the rift is much too deep to try to talk it into healing again, but I have this to say to everybody who is going around planting hate and dismay towards your fellow citizens: If you don't think that a 'Muslim' state (if you like) shouldn't be the safest place for any person (ANY person) then you're not a true Muslim. Here it is I said it.

Moved on!

1 Comments:

Tomanbay,never give up..as a Christian I second your sentiments..

By Blogger Rob_NC, at November 08, 2005 3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home