.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Khalil Gibran's The Prophet

Moved on! Check TheCairoCalls

I remember reading an article by big pharaoh a couple of weeks ago about his dream country. I wanted to elaborate on this theme for some time now, but I didn't have the time to do it.
Well I don't have the time yet, but here is one thing that I wish to have in my dream country:
-All school children are required to read Khalil Gibran's masterpiece The Prophet before they graduate from school.
I am still reading the book, and all I can say is that it is absolutely deeper and more insightful than any other human-written book I've read so far. A lot of it can be debated of course, but it serves as a very high bar against which you can measure your tolerance, forgiveness, and acceptance.
You can read the full text of the book here.
I discovered the site after shelling out 50 pounds to buy the book. Makes you wonder why the hell do we insist on this foolish habit (buying books!)

Moved on!

1 Comments:

I found this blog surfing.

It used to be popular, for couples getting married, to read to each other from The Prophet, at the ceremony.

All the best.

By Blogger Frank Partisan, at October 30, 2005 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home