.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Scott Adams: Iran's Pointy Haired Mullahs

Moved on! Check TheCairoCalls

For a 'cartoonist', this man is exceptionally brilliant, and, ...I'm not saying that, ...well..., insightful!
Moving from office politics, Scott takes on Iran's nuclear crisis. He succinctly predicts what a lot of people (not the ideological, xenophobic, paranoid lot anyhow) had predicted for a while: Iran found the US n-spot!
My next prediction is that the United States and Iran will become friendly in the next five years, similar to the way the Cold War ended. I don’t think we’ll see Iran in NATO, but I’m expecting embassies and trade and maybe some help rounding up terrorists. And I think those Iranian almost-nukes will make this all happen. Iran will move from a mischief-making renegade country to a respected world power and they’ll see the benefit of acting responsibly

This coupled with the fact that the US needs Iran to stabilize Iraq, means that Iranians would be soon enjoying 5$ latte's in Islamboly's Starbucks, Tehran.

Moved on!

6 Comments:

This is a bold prediction. It is a nice hope. However, everything I've read suggests that Khamanei's grip on power in Iran is very strong. I just don't know. The nascent democracy movement a few years ago seems to have fallen on hard times.

I think people may be underestimating the power the ayatollahs still possess.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 14, 2006 11:35 PM  

did u even read the article...nobody said they will become any weaker!

By Blogger TB, at May 15, 2006 12:07 AM  

This article is a bunch of nonsense, IMO.

I’m a distrustful, cynical guy, so my first impulse is to assume the Iranians are lying. But that would require me to believe that my own government is telling the truth, and that’s a tough sell too. I’m genuinely embarrassed to admit that it’s a toss up.

Gee. What a load of horse crap. Yeah, I'm sure Bush is lying about Iran trying to obtain nuclear frickin' weapons. He has a lot to gain at this point by making up a new threat - one he isn't even a good position to handle. Maybe he planted the highly enriched uranium the UN found the other day. How naive. Does any country honestly believe Iran's efforts are benign?

I think that the Iranian religious leaders value their credibility with their own people.

Yeah. Uh-huh. The Iranian leadership can always turn around tomorrow and argue that new circumstances necessitate Iran reverse its previous position. They can always argue that they face an imminent threat from the U.S. or Israel or who knows what else, for instance. Once again: how naive can you be?

I think the truth is that the Iranians plan to build all the capability to quickly slap together a nuke, but stop short of assembling and testing it unless there is a specific threat.

Huh? How much of a bomb would Iran have to have assembled to quickly put one together in short order? How many components would have to be ready to be assembled at a moments notice? I don't think there is a military commander in the world who, in considering the potential for a surprise attack would, if they had the capability, seriously advise the Iranian government to leave a nuclear weapon unassembled until a threat was percieved. Naivete.

Iran will move from a mischief-making renegade country to a respected world power and they’ll see the benefit of acting responsibly.

Here is another analysis; one more fitting with Iran's previous behavior: http://www.hyscience.com/archives/2006/05/suspicions_grow.php

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 15, 2006 3:04 AM  

tomanbay, regardless of my thoughts on Scotts predictions, i must say the guy is a genious! I read one of his books and it gave me a lot of prespective about life! Its called God's Debris: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0740721909/102-1865263-0584121?v=glance&n=283155

cheers and keep on writting!

By Blogger Assem, at May 15, 2006 6:46 AM  

amino,

I think you had better look up the definition of the word "ironic" before posting next time. There was nothing "ironic" about my comments.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 15, 2006 7:07 PM  

When needs weapons, the US is always there to provide!

Why risk this healthy economic relationship with a war?

By Blogger Sirkowski, at May 17, 2006 12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home