.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, September 17, 2005

You have got to relax!

Moved on! Check TheCairoCalls

Now here is a blogger you'd hate to mess with -- Freedom for Egyptians, seems to have gone ballistic a few times this week. Most recently over the whole mess on the Egyptian-Palestinian border, and Farouk Hosny's resignation (his last name is Hosny!...um...that explains a lot of things). I don't think that such situations are not worthy of the kind of furious outrages she is becoming famous for, but wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall while she is typing feverishly on the keyboard. That would be a sight.
But seriously, I think that some of the issues she is discussing are somehow overblown. Take for example, the mess at Rafah. Anybody who have ever been to Rafah, (the Egyptian or the Palestinian sides) would tell you that the whole tunnels thing are just a fact of life. Gun trafficking had always been there, so the only concern I really have is that our beloved gun lords are racking in less money, now that it's turning into a "sell" market. It seems we finally succeeded in flooding any market.
As for Hosny-gate (Hosny junior I mean...uh...no not that junior...the paint-splashing-wannabe-French-artiste one) I think that he is really "not the one to blame", he had "taken the political responsibility", but "he is not the one to blame". Now, you got it? He is politically responsible, but he is nevertheless vindicated!!! What kind of country wouldn't allow an artiste to torch a few of his subjects..err..fellow citizens. And then they talk about freedom of expression. We're just a punch of hypocrites, aren't we? Sorry grand master!

Moved on!

4 Comments:

Hi Tomanbay,

Thanks for writing this blog about the "ballistic" blogger. If you want me to start a workshop on writing blogs so that you do not have to be a fly, please let me know. My high-pitched tone is done on purpose on some occasions. Unfortunately, occasions were coming in a row.
And I disagree with you when you count some incidents are overblown. I think when it involves one the death of one innocent person and more than 45, then it is not. Regrettably in Egypt we are not educated to appreciate the value of a human life. That's why when 10 dies in an accident you get all this apathy as if nothing had happened.And it is not about appreciating human lives, it is about being so inconsiderate to to the pains and sufferings of other human beings.

But anyway,I have seen that you joined the blogosphere this month, welcome aboard.

Please come and visit my blog always.

By Blogger Freedom For Egyptians, at September 17, 2005 4:47 PM  

Hey, hey...in case you didn't notice, I was JOKING...Now I know that certain situations shouldn't be taken lightly (and by the way I might be the last person in the world to take the death of a person, any person, lightly) but when everyone around you is babbling complete absurdity, it is actually better to emphasize the absurdity than to actually try to refute it. For example, how would you respond to somebody who says "I take political responsibility, but I am not the one to blame"!!...it's absurd, and you have to stress that to actually expose it.
And please, try to get off the soap box, and switch off the lecturing mode.
Other than that...what should I say?...thanks for your welcome, its appreciated...see u around.

By Blogger TB, at September 17, 2005 9:13 PM  

I added you to my blogosphere if you do not minf

By Blogger Freedom For Egyptians, at September 18, 2005 2:06 PM  

of course i dont...thanks a lot

By Blogger TB, at September 18, 2005 9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home